Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lots of things

I have lots of news to impart...and no time to impart it. When I'm at home I can't type because we can't get a keyboard to work on our computer. (I'll try to buy a new one today and see what happens.) When I'm at work, obviously I'm not sitting at a computer with time to myself. So I'll put a short update now while I'm on my lunch break and change it later to fill it out.

First, we got results back from Michael's tests and his brain is still normal. So his seizures still have no cause found...and it may remain that way. He's going to have an appointment with a neurologist. They put him on Depakote the day after his first seizure and he had another seizure 3 days later, then he's had sensations a couple times like he was going to have another. The med was supposed to surpress all seizures and at least 1/2 of migraines. Well, obviously it didn't do 100% on the seizures, but it has done 100% on migraines, which is good. So they put him on ANOTHER seizure med which he started last night (don't remember what it is) and it made him feel drunk. He took his am dose today and he's so loopy and slow that he didn't come to work (I had gone in this morning and he was due in at noon). He's not going to take any more of that med and we'll see what they do.

On an even more horrible note, our llama, who we loved dearly, was killed by neighbor dogs between two viscious attacks, trying to eat the goats he was guarding. The goats were protected and unharmed, so Thunder died a hero, but we're broken-hearted and sick. The owners of the dogs have taken responsibility, sent the dogs far away to other family, paid the vet bill and supposedly will pay to get us another llama. We talked to the lady with the llama rescue we got Thunder from and she told us to call when we're ready...that's going to take some time. Momma Halverson is getting a couple baby alpacas in about a month, so we'll probably get another llama by then to protect them, which is one of the reasons we had gotten Thunder.

Better get back to work.

6 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Glad to hear an update. Sorry it isn't more positive. I hope they find something for Michael that won't make him feel so bad! I am sorry that some dogs killed your llama! That is sad! I hope things go better soon with everything! How is Blake doing?

A monkey and her momma said...

Llama? You had a llama? You have goats too? What!?! Who are you!?! I had NO idea!

Mina said...

Yes, we had a llama, but the goats belonged to the neighbor who owned the pasture. Thunder was the best llama we could have asked for.

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry about Thunder I know how easy it is to get attached quickly to a good llama. At least you should get another one soon. Hopefully this one will be just as good a guard animal. Let us know how you and Michael are doing. Love ya

Olivia Heilmann said...

I am so sorry!! I heard about his and totally forgot to say anything. I almost cried myself!! SO SAD! Hang in there with Michael. Everything will be ok.

DenisonChangos said...

Hey cous,
I found your blog through Olivia and Emily's funny how that works. So sorry to hear about your llama.

Reid (my husband has seizures and is on lamictal he seems ok with it and they just came out with a generic which is nice because pills are expensive.
Oh and I just remembered the trever our cousin had a lot of seizures and migranes and they found out that he had a whole in his heart and thats what was causing them. something to think about maybe even look into, I hear it is common to have those symptoms when there is a whole in the heart. I hope that didn't scare you just trying to help. Anyway I love finding out about what everyone is up to. I feel like everyone is so far away and it is nice to stay in touch with everyone.

good luck with everything and can't wait to see more post. Love ya