

























We taxied home in time for Dad and I to get dressed nice and go to Maccine. Dad had the day off but they were having a meeting with the board members and Dad's boss had asked him to come give one of the members a tour of the facility, so Dad got permission to bring me. It's a very cool facility that Dad helped designed. It's housed in a business building. They have sections of a couple different floors for the whole thing. They had to build in drainage, so the floors slope up and down to accommodate that system. After the tour, they had a buffet lunch and then we did the Chinese New Year tradition of Yusheng, which you can read about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusheng. We did the tossing and then ate it...very yummy! We stood around and talked to Dad's coworkers, board members and others...some very fun people. I think I may have made myself a reputation of eating, to match Dad's, which they already know well.
Then we went home and met the newest member of the family, Zack, Blake's husky he made with Mom at Build-a-Bear while we were at Maccine. When you press Zack's right front foot he barks and pants.



Dad and Blake went swimming while Mom and I went to Little India and shopped in what Dad calls "Punjabi Heaven". It really is! We got several items...our favorite purchase was 7 dresses and a skirt for $47 Sing. The first three pics are my summer dresses, which I really needed and the skirt. The next is my tunic for wearing with jeans, then my two punjabis, and the fabulous shoes Mom got me on the first day.








When we got home, Dad and Blake went out to get dinner...Mom and I had a Chinese Checker war, where she beat me 2-1. The food was wonderful! Chicken Rice and several toppings and a ramen noodle-type soup but the noodles were really thin...the rice tastes like ginger...so good! Dessert was this soupy semi-sweet stuff with tapioca-type balls and some sort of cream or yogurt. Mom and Dad really love it, Blake liked it and I could live without it. I really enjoyed these pineapple things that are shaped like little smokies...they're a flaky pastry that is filled with this pineapple stuff that makes it feel like the pastry wasn't completely cooked...doughy. This was the first time Dad had got these and Mom decided she didn't like how they stuck to the roof of her mouth. I like 'em!
Then Dad, Blake and I went to the Night Safari. www.nightsafari.com.sg It was really fun. We went on the tram ride first, then watched the show. There was this tiny little girl with those shoes that have squeakers in the heels and her parents were walking her up and down the stairs past us before the show...she was ADORABLE, and she kept waving at people...so cute! Then Blake was being obnoxious, so I flashed him in the face. He thought that was funny.




Sorry the pics of the show are horrible...they didn't allow flash cause the animals are night animals, obviously, and my camera doesn't do well without it. The host was very funny. The first animal (3 pics) was the binturong...they have a big prehensile tail. That's not a zoom...I was one person away from the aisle, so I was close. Then the next animal was something related to an otter, but I can't remember what it was. They had a little boy come up and hide a grape in one hand and the animal smelled his hands and tapped the one with the grape and then was rewarded with it. Then the boy was rewarded with another grape...and a certificate to Ben & Jerry's...they have a booth there. They had the barn owl swooping around over our heads several times, and then the last animal was Maggie...I think she was a boa constrictor...they asked for a volunteer to hold her. I had my hand in the air and Blake did too. They told Blake to go and eat his food and come back in 15 years. They wanted a big strong buff man, so they could make a joke about Maggie being his new girlfriend.








Then we went on the walks: Forest Giants, Leopard and Fishing Cat trails. We saw some cool, beautiful and amazing animals. On our way out, we got t-shirts and a book about the safari. By the time we got home, we were COMPLETELY exhausted. Blake had started to fall asleep in the taxi and put then himself to bed immediately upon arrival.

No comments:
Post a Comment