Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fifth Day in Singapore

We got out of the house today at 12:30 for lunch at the Takashimaya Mall. In the food court, we ate rice with seaweed and shish kabobs...yummy! While we were eating, we were talking to a couple who were from Indiana, but originally from the Philippines, just taking 4 days in Singapore from their 4 week trip back home...it was a fun conversation. We went into the major store, Takashimaya, and got Blake some dress pants...we got him 2 dress shirts yesterday in "Punjabi Heaven". I forgot to pack him anything churchy, so he wore a tee-shirt and shorts last Sunday. :) hehehe We did a little grocery shopping and then came home. Nana and Blake went swimming while I sat here and blogged.

When Dad got home, we ate mac & cheese and steamed broccoli for dinner. Then Dad took Blake and I to Sentosa Island. I had taken too much motion sickness medication (I was tired of being car sick after every taxi ride) and started getting sleepy on the way there. :( We walked around and saw some beautiful things while we waited for the Night Light Show. That was an interesting show about the magic of Sentosa Island. Blake thought it was AWESOME. :)

Then we took the monorail back to the main island and went into the food court at VivoCity. We ate some pig intestine (I even knew what it was before I ate it) and it wasn't bad. The flavor was okay and the texture was like liver, which I do like. Then we went over and tried prata, which is an Indian dish, a ball of flour dough that they flatten and throw to almost transparent, then fold and fry. They use a lot of oil. Then they give you sauces to dip it in. It is really good. For a new dessert test we tried red azuki bean lotus soup, which you can have hot or cold...we had it hot. We also had cheng dol, which has some jelly things, sweet syrup, ice, coconut milk and the red beans. The first one was pretty good, but the second (Blake's choice) was wonderful.

I was in a fog the whole night because of the pills I took...I did catch a short nap while we were waiting for the light show to start, but I'm ready for bed. Next time I'll just take one! I have pics of the light show and some Sentosa stuff, but the computer here doesn't want to download them fast and I'm fading...so I'll get the pics on later.

3 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Yes we loved Prata as well, and still talk about going somewhere here to get some, I can taste now even as I talk about it! It sounds like you are doing well! Thanks for the updates!

Olivia Heilmann said...

I am having so much fun reading all your entries. It is really cool to know that we are finally going!! Hurray. I guess I should start making a list of all the good places and all the good foods that I want to try while there. Keep it up... it's so fun to read!

nAnnie Laurie said...

ok, ok - I've tried some new foods while you've been here, too - and yes, they've all been very tasty - except when daddy does this exchange - "(B)Laurie, you just have to try this new dish." (L)"Does it have peanuts in it?" (B)"oh yeah - oops!" - And after you fly back home, I'm pretty sure I won't be trying anything new until the next visitors come -- is that you Heilmann's??