Thursday, November 29, 2007

i win

I officially have the sweetest husband in the whole world!

First of all, he does sweet things every day...for example: laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, running errands, hugging and kissing me every chance we get & reading to Blake every night from books he enjoyed as a child and still loves.

Today he outdid himself again. We took my rings in on Monday to be soldered together and get a new rhodium plating to make it all shiny and pretty. I joked that when he picked it up on Thursday (the day they promised it to be done) he should bring it to me in a box and ask me to marry him again on his knee. I really was joking!

So Michael went to the jeweler today and picked up my rings, now made into one. He came in for his shift at noon, and I saw him come in but I was too busy to do more than smile and wave. Melissa was working reception with Michael today. She came to the back and said, "Amanda L., (we have two Amanda's) can you come up front when you get a chance, I have a question." I said, "sure" and promptly got distracted with my client, who I took up front to check out and then returned to the back through the exam room we had just exited, instead of through reception like I usually do.

Michael came in back and said, "I need you for a minute." I went up front and saw a beautiful vase full of my favorite flowers. Tulips. Red parrot & white tulips. On the counter in front of the vase was a single white tulip with my beautiful wedding ring around the stem. Neither of us can remember exactly what he said at that point, but it had something to do with my rings being beautiful again, like new. I have recreated the scene I saw for you on my table, along with a lot more pictures I took of it when it arrived home with Michael this evening (just a few here). I didn't feel safe taking it myself with the dogs.

3 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Very nice! I love love tulips as well!! Glad to see everyone is doing well!

nAnnie Laurie said...

OH that is so SWEET! I love it :~) Wow....what a nice Michael! I'm so glad to see you so happy :)

Olivia Heilmann said...

What a great guy! Congratulations to all three of you. I love you all.