Too much happened yesterday to give details...unless I had the patience and time to sit here for HOURS...too bad for you I don't.
Oh wait, to get caught up, Thursday at work, Michael invited me to go do something on Saturday night. I had already had plans made with Jen, Claressa & Claressa's mom and I said so, so he said maybe he could come up with something for Saturday, since I worked late Friday. I said that I was supposed to be having a yard sale, and hadn't quite made up my mind yet but would he like to come help if I did. He said yes, and to call him when I decided. I finally made up my mind Thursday night that I really, really needed to have a yard sale, and I couldn't come up with a reason to not have it...I had good weather, pricing stickers, an ad on craigslist, tables, signs, lots of stuff, and plenty of help.
On Friday morning I went for my yearly exam, talked to my new OB about depression and thyroid, and she's sending me to the endocrinologist. Mom, you need to do the same thing...we don't have fatty necks, we have goiters, and most likely they can make it shrink or go away completely...but at least they can fix the thyroid problem and the goiter won't get bigger.
Back to the story at hand...Jen and Michael came over around 7:45 on Saturday and we did a sale, but around the middle of the set time we had very few people come. At noon, Michael and I went and picked up Grandmommy, and we discovered our signs had all blown down...no wonder no one was showing up! We all packed everything back into my living room (*ack*) to be ready for next week's bigger, two-day yard sale. Grandmommy took us all to Taco Del Mar (YUMMY!!!) for lunch, then we took Jen and Grandmommy home. Jen let me know that we didn't have evening plans anymore...Claressa's mom does wedding planning and since yesterday was 7/7/07, she didn't have a spare moment to watch a Work and the Glory marathon.
Michael and I came back to my house and watched Music & Lyrics and So I Married an Axe Murderer. We talked about what to do next...go out or stay in...we decided to stay in (it's been very, very hot here and we were comfortable). Then we went to Grandmommy's to get some of the movies I had loaned her, and visited with her and tasted every kind of Dibs. (She wanted all of the flavors last week, so I went and got them for her...there's 10 flavors! Grandmommy is ADDICTED to Dibs!) We came back to my house and watched The Others, then The Importance of Being Earnest. During all of these movies, we'd look at each other and smile, but sat on pretty much opposite ends of the couch, and occasionally, "accidentally" our legs or feet would touch and we'd leave them there. After the fourth movie, we looked at each other and the floodgates somehow opened and we started talking about how we felt, and how we both weren't expecting this, or even looking for a relationship and that we want to take it very slow. So long story short, no worries people, we haven't even kissed yet. We sat together and cuddled and talked for a long time, and that's as far as it goes after the third (more-than-day-long) date...and everything is really wonderful.
I'm sure our situation will be obvious to people at work now, and I will be teased mercilessly for a while (they probably won't tease Michael much since he works in the front and people leave him alone for the most part). That's ok, I'm happy. I'll see what I can do about the picture thing, Mom. :D
P.S. Michael is tall and slender...all lean muscle...skin a bit darker than mine, might be from all the yard work he does...short, thick, dark hair...piano-player hands (and he does play and sings baritone, though I haven't heard it)...I had assumed he had brown eyes, but now I know they're dark blue with gold flecks.
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay, it's time for an update!
Post a Comment