Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Major Accomplishments

Okay, so you may have seen the state of my back yard in Livvy's blog...if not, go check it out. It has been FULL of tall weeds that my little reel lawnmower couldn't defeat in any good time and I was feeling despondent. However, today I was on another binge (the cleaning kind) and took my trusty little weed whacker and went at it. I had been working for an hour when my neighbor came out to let her dogs go potty. I waved while I was tearing up weeds, and she must have called her husband out because he whistled to get my attention. He offered...for the third time...to let me borrow his lawn mower. Well, I was about to stop so I could go lighten my hair but couldn't pass up that offer again! So he brought it over and it took me another 40 minutes to get the whole yard clear of waist-high weeds...BUT I DID IT!!! I love major accomplishments...even when I'm covered in green shreds and dust on the surface and in all facial orifices in the end. Oh, I just found a blister on my palm...cool!

Yes, I am wearing a purple shirt and a reddish pair of pants. I was wearing black capri's, but got tired of weeds flying into my ankles, so the red pants were the first I grabbed. Now I have to keep my yard watered and short with my little mower until I can borrow a friend's rototiller next week...don't want to be starting any yard fires in this heat. Well, I'm off to make as many quiches as I can before it's time for me to do my hair, shower, get Blake in bed and go on a walk with the dogs and a friend.

2 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

wow....I need one of you binges at my house...when can you get here. ;)

Lynnette said...

You must not have allergies like George does! Sure looks nice, maybe someday we will come see it :)