Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Buddy Boy

Last night, we thought we were going to lose Blake's rat, Buddy. He was having a lot of trouble breathing, was making a lot of noise doing it, and was a little lethargic. I stayed up with him til 3:30 when I finally had to put him in his cage and hope for the best, as he was not lethargic enough to stay still and I was falling unconscious...guess my night owl days are coming to a close. This morning we took him in to work and my boss said it sounds like pneumonia to her. They gave him some antibiotics, some subcutaneous fluids, put him in the incubator for oxygen treatment and have ordered a medication that's supposed to do good things for rat pneumonia. I've decided to let him stay the night in the incubator, which also keeps him nice and warm. Blake and I will go visit him again this afternoon and bring him some food. Hopefully he'll be interested in eating again and he'll have his special medication tomorrow. Prayers are appreciated.

No comments: