Yep, she's 92 this year and going strong! It is such a blessing to have her here and be around to help her and spend time with her. Last week Mom and Sarah were here for a few days and we did some birthday celebrating. They had to leave on Saturday, so on her birthday...Monday...I got to do more. Cheri invited me to bring her up to her house. I knew Grandmommy would be thrilled, so after work, I picked her up and took her out to Cheri's, but didn't tell her where we were going. I love to surprise her...she's always so emotional and makes surprises fun! She was thrilled when we pulled into the driveway and Cheri met us at the car. Cheri made a wonderful dinner with shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, then grilled chicken, cheesy cauliflower and strawberries for the entree. After we digested for a while, Cheri pulled out this awesome chocolate cake that Blake picked out earlier in the day.




Blake took the ribbon off the present he had given her, shredded it and used it as confetti.

Then he had to take a picture.

He really wants his own digital camera and has fun using mine, even if it isn't the greatest. Grandmommy took the rest of that cake (half of it!) home to eat on her own. She was really excited about it and had a great birthday. :D I was grateful to have been a part of it.
2 comments:
Hey - i would like to hear about our visit and her birthday party from HER perspective ?? - help her write in her blog! :)
Yeah! How fun!
Post a Comment